These pages give you everything you need to know to level and use every single profession in the game. If you’ve never seen a Gavin Garrett guide, you’ll soon find out what all the hubbub is about. Nobody does it better than Gavin and our team of staff writers.
Profession Leveling Guides
- Herbalism Guide
- Jewelcrafting Guide
- Leatherworking Guide
- First Aid Guide
- Archaeology (Cataclysm)
News from Cataclysm on Professions
Archaeology is the new secondary profession that will be joining the ranks of cooking, fishing, and first aid in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Archaeology allows the player to unlock new abilities and rewards by discovering ancient treasures throughout the world. Each archaeologist uses the profession to uncover clues hidden in the world around them, such as troll relics or map fragments, and decipher their meaning, enabling the clever archaeologist to manipulate pieces of the past, learning the location of a treasure cache or valuable artifact. Such artifacts are highly sought after by the Archaeology Society, and they pay in gold and items for their return. Those who have mastered archaeology can find Titan artifacts, earning special currency used to unlock character paths and allowing the player to further customize their character.
- Reforging is another way to customize your gear.
- It will be relatively cheap, you will need a Blacksmith / Leatherworker / Tailor / Jewelcrafter / Engineer to do it. Each profession get to reforge a type of items.
- It lets you reduce one stat for another. Some restrictions will apply, you can’t put the extra stat on something that is already on the item.
- Multi-gains will be added, while you level up your trade skills, rare items will give you more points as you skill up. (Rare items will give you 5 points for example, while green bracers will only give one)
- Gathering should be a little more fun.
- Engineering is a very fun tradeskill, but it’s either amazing or it sucks and everybody drops it. More convenient items like Jeeves or Wormhole Generator will be added to the profession in the future to get back to the roots of Engineering.
- Fishing will also have some big changes, no details yet but it’s going to be more fun.
- There is no plan to allow players to train more than 2 profession.
- Bags might get slightly bigger with Cataclysm.
- Armorsmith and Weaponsmith specialization really felt like the Blacksmith was limited by his choice, that’s why it was ignored in Wrath of the Lich King. Ultimately it’s better if the player can craft more stuff instead of just being able to craft 2H swords or whatever.
- Herbs and Ore Nodes will be re-itemized with the revamp.